Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Miracle A Day

"One Man's Opinion"
by Jim Roane


Feeding the five thousand (Matthew 14:13-21) with just a few fish and some loaves of bread was surely a miracle. However, I think the real lesson here is that not only could Jesus perform miracles, but he did the work of the Father by providing daily bread (i.e., loaves and fishes). Many times we over look the goodness of God by looking for the big miracles; often his goodness and great love for us is found in His daily provisions. He performs this miracle for us everyday.

As Paul and Barnabus said to the crowd at Iconium, “Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy." (Acts 14: 17)

This, I find, is especially true as we grow older.

Perhaps, if this current heat wave and drought continues throughout the country, people will wake up to that reality. I am not holding my breath on that one, though.

God in his great mercy does, nevertheless, allow nature to take a turn for the worst to, I believe, sober us up. We unfortunately have a tendency to get high on the exuberance of a bull market until we are jarred back into the reality that the stakes in life or high and really none of us is far from the mercies of God.

Paul has been often referred to as the Apostle of Grace. I think it is an appropriate description. Paul, like our Savior, knew what it was to go without. Jesus said on one occasion,

"Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." (Luke 9: 58)
And, Paul, a former Pharisee of considerable means, was reduced to a shivering outcast who depended on others to bring him a warm coat and even went hungry at times. Yet, he could proudly boast that in each and every circumstance he was content. (Philippians 4:11, 12)

Now, don’t get me wrong, I am not championing hardship or poverty as a sure path to spiritual success. I am saying, however, that when I get a good case of the whines, I try to focus on Paul’s advice to:

“Fix my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. And, to think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. (Philippians 4:8)
Oh, I know, it’s a familiar, at times almost over worked verse; but the truth is: It works!

So, today, I have committed myself to teach in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and the Ukraine—and in doing so, I remind myself of God’s daily provisions, and of His faithfulness to sustain us in ministry. Surely, he can also provide the necessary funds to make this journey.


May God bless you.


dNow , in closing, if you wish to contribute to towards our overseas ministry expenses to help "Others" reach their generation, please click onto the donate button (left) and when prompted clearly designate all gifts in the comment section to: Class (40) Ministry Trip. Or, for those of you who have asked how to contribute to our personal expenses, just enter Class (09) Personal Expenses in the comments section.



If you are not on line and wish to mail your contributions in, send them to that address below and I will see that you get AGWM and IRS credit:

Missionaries Jim & Bonnie Roane
1013 Madera Court, Allen,TX75013-3639


Thank for making all of this possible!


P.S. The total budget is $6,000 (dollars) for airfare, room and board and ministry expenses for the entire trip. The truth is that someone that reads this email who never given to this ministry before could easily drop this amount into our ministry account without much trouble. I would love to believe God for that, so I would not have to keep asking. So, why don't just all pray that God will prompt someone to do that? You do understand that if there is any excess that you or anyone else gives will go into ministry as I do not use any of the ministry funds for personal use. Thanks for taking time to read this! JMR

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments and opinions, please continue.