Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Muslims for Isa? Jews for Jesus? Hari Krishnas for Jesus? Hummm . . . Think again!

Hyphenated Christians, in my opinion, are a product of the “user friendly” generation of church growth experts. But, let me explain what I mean by hyphenated Christians. They are, Messianic-Jews; Messianic-Muslims; Hindu-Christians; and the list goes on.


Now, we are not talking about former Jews or Muslims or Hindus; No, we are talking about those that wish to just dress up their old identity with a new one. Where did they ever get such an idea? Well, quite frankly from eager, and I believe, misguided missionaries encouraged by the missiological intelligentsia to make becoming a new creature a little easier for them.

Taken as a whole, please tell me one good thing that can come out of identifying with Muhammad or the book he produced? That goes for Lord Krishna, and the Bhagavad-Gita, as well. And, I might add, some Messianic-Jews would serve themselves well by contemplating what Galatians 3:28, means when it reads, “There is neither Jew nor Greek … for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Or what Paul a former Jew (who incidentally changed his name from Saul to Paul to show his new identity) meant when he wrote in Romans 9:11-13 “As the Scripture says, ‘Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.’ For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him; for, Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

I have absolutely no beef with anyone who wants to label themselves as former Jews, or Muslims, or Hindus; but I guarantee you that such syncretistic practices as a hyphenated Christian would have never been accepted in traditional New Testament orthodoxy or by any of the Reformers. From a racial or national perspective, Yes; but as a religious identification, No!

Now, for the record. Do I doubt their salvation? Salvation is not the issue here. That is between God and them. I could not save anyone even if I wanted to; however, I do believe they are misguided, and not properly discipled by their mentors.

Well, this is just one man’s opinion. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments and opinions, please continue.