Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, July 08, 2013

Racism: overt or cover, what's the difference?

Reflecting on the past election, I have come to a couple of conclusions. One is, I am thankful that we have put overt racism farther behind us, and I believe America and the world at large will be the better for it; however, a more sinister and potentially attitude is that of covert racism.  We still have a long way to go on one's secret thoughts, but fortunately, we have made progress in the right direction. Also, I am thankful that we live in a country that has a peaceful transition of executive power between our political groups.

Before, however, we get caught up in the euphoria of self congratulations, I think, we as Christians, should take a thorough inventory of our assets and set our priorities for the future. And, in a sense, every day we should conduct our own personal inaugural based on solid Biblical principles and the self determination to ride the inevitable storms of the challenges we face in this voyage we call life through to the Heavenly prize that awaits us.

Recently someone remarked that Jesus left us with one, only one, assignment: that is to disciple the world. And, I think in a very broad sense that is true. If we successful accomplish that one task, then all the other priorities will fall in place.

Think of that for a moment.

It takes a Christ-like man or woman to produce a Christ-like disciple. And, to become Christ-like life’s agenda takes on a new perspective and a new meaning; doesn’t it? Sure it does.

Therefore, my prayer and my goal for each new day of this year is to make as many disciples as I possibly can, and that possibility will be severely limited or expanded by your prayer and financial support. So, please make this a priority; if not for me, for someone else. Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments and opinions, please continue.