Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cartoon of the week . . .

Presidential Contenders

The missing ingredient in political campaigns seems to be integrity. Job numbers are skewed, polls are manipulated, promises are conveniently forgotten, rumors are spread, doubts planted—shall I go on? No. You get the picture, I am sure. And, then there is just plain stubbornness and ideology gridlock.


I’ve often wondered where Stephen Sondheim got the inspiration to write the lyrics to “Send in the Clowns.” Now, I think I know. He must have been watching the congressional debates on C-Span to have been infused with such brilliance. Never mind which debates. Almost any will do as long as they have anything to do with common sense.

Then, there’s the President scolding congress like a bunch of naughty school kids. It’s a circus all around, that’s for sure!

Concerning his generation Jesus once remarked, “To what can I compare this generation? It is like children playing a game in the public square." (Matt. 11:16) And, I’ve got to admit, it sound pretty much like what’s going on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments and opinions, please continue.